The Writing Center
Offering the help you need, for no fee
Main Building, Room 3212
What is The Writing Center?
The Writing Center provides UW-Sheboygan students with FREE support during any stage of the writing process. Students meet one-on-one with qualified tutors for 30-minute tutoring sessions (by appointment or through walk-ins).
What should I expect from a tutoring session?
• Friendly, non-judgmental support with the writing process from qualified peer tutors who showed high academic success in English 102 as well as possess strengths in various elements of English writing;
• Questions from the tutor about the structure, organization, and thesis before discussion about grammatical mistakes (note that this is not meant to be a time for someone to merely proofread your paper);
• Help with any stage of the writing process. You haven’t written a draft? A visit to the Writing Center is still helpful. A tutor can be a sounding board for your ideas and provide suggestions to help you get started writing.
When is The Writing Center open?
Spring 2013 (February 4 – May 14)
Monday 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. & 4 -7 p.m.
Thursday 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
How do I meet with a writing tutor?
• Stop in room 3212 to schedule an appointment
• E-mail Erica Wiest at email@example.com or call (920) 459-5955